CIS CSAT Pro Troubleshooting
Implementation Group dropdown issue
Prior to the CSAT Pro v1.5.0 release, the Implementation Group (IG) dropdown action (available from the Assessment Dashboard) had a bug causing it to affect the applicability of Sub-Controls in all assessments, rather than just the current assessment as intended.
Please note: due to this bug, the Implementation Group dropdown on an Assessment's Dashboard may not accurately reflect the assessment's current IG settings. For instance, consider the case:
- The Assessment A dropdown was set to "IG-1"
- Later the Assessment B dropdown was set to "IG-1 & IG-2"
This would erroneously result in the dropdown on the Assessment A Dashboard still displaying "IG-1", but the IG2 Sub-Controls in Assessment A would actually be applicable.
If you have used the Implementation Group dropdown, we recommend that you review the Sub-Control applicability settings for your assessments to ensure that they are set as intended. This can be done by going to the Assessment Summary page where you can see a listing of all of the assessment's Sub-Controls and their applicability; the Assessment Summary page will also let you filter by categories such as "Applicable" and "Implementation Group".
Here is some specific guidance for different cases:
- If you have not used the Implementation Group dropdown on any assessment's Dashboard, you should not be affected by this bug.
- If all the assessments in your CSAT Pro instance use the same IG and you don't use any custom applicability flags for individual Sub-Controls, then this bug shouldn't affect you.
- If you use different IGs for different assessments in your CSAT Pro instance, but you do not use custom applicability flags for individual Sub-Controls, then you might be affected by this bug. You should review your assessment's Sub-Control applicability on the Assessment Summary page as described above. Because you are using the IGs without any deviations (no custom Sub-Control applicability changes), you should be able to use the fixed Implementation Group dropdown (in v1.5.0 or after) for each assessment whose Sub-Control applicability does not match the intended IG. You might have to switch to a different IG and then back to the desired IG.
- If you use the IG dropdown and also use custom Sub-Control applicability flags, then you might be affected by this bug. You should review your assessment's Sub-Control applicability on the Assessment Summary page as described above. Any custom Sub-Control applicability settings that are not correct will need to be manually reapplied.
Please note: we hope to provide a Bulk Applicability update feature in v1.6.0 of CSAT Pro. Once that feature is available, it should make the process of making applicability changes from the Assessment Summary page easier.